Last week was pretty exciting for me mainly because of three things. I found out that that I have been nominated not for one, but three awards! I will be combining all of the 3 award nominations into this single post and I hope that this is okay!
Naomi from chiquessence nominated me for the Creative Bloggers Award
Fiona from fislittleblog nominated me for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award
And last but certainly not the least, Dena from thestylecoordi nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. I just found out about this nomination last night!
Naomi, Fiona and Dena are such beautiful ladies whose blog is a dedicated space for all things fashion and beauty. Dena also loves K-pop, something I love too. I encourage you to explore their blogs and I’m sure you will love it too.
Thanking each one of you for the nomination and I’m very grateful for it.
This was my facial reaction when I found out about the first award nomination and it was something like this:
So imagine the excitement when I found out I was nominated for a second time for a different award?! It was something like this:
Let’s not forget how I reacted to my third nomination, it was something like this:
I’m genuinely thankful for these award nominations and this encourages me a lot to write more too. I can’t put into words the support and encouragement that I have been receiving from just starting my blog only nearly two months ago and I very truly appreciate it. A lot!
Thank you to my lovely readers!
A little shout out and thank you to my little sister who was really the one who pushed me to start a blog. Any of you guys thinking of starting a blog but not sure as to what to write about? I’d say write about anything and everything. It is very therapeutic and I think of it as an accomplishment because we creating something unique. This reminds of this quote from one of my all-time favourite Rom-Com movies: PS. I Love You.
All I know is, if you don’t figure out the “something,” you’ll just stay ordinary.
And it doesn’t matter if it’s a work of art, or a taco, or a pair of socks.
Just create something new and there it is.
And it’s you, out in the world, outside of you.
And you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it…
…and you know
a little bit more about you.
A little bit more than anybody else does.
Now onto the important stuff which are the rules for the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
- What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
There isn’t a story as such. I wanted to pick a name that’s simple but still wanted to convey what my blog is about. My blog is a space I share my adventures with you. With Tinu, you will find out my journey whether it be anything from fashion to cooking (I still need practice in this area!).
- What’s one clothing/beauty item you can’t live without?
A comfortable pair of jeans. I get mine from New Look. Decent price and good quality.
- List three things you like about yourself and why (physically or characteristically).
This question is actually quite hard! If I have to pick then it would be
– My hair. I had a love/hate relationship with it because of its curly frizzy nature. However, now I think I understand my hair a lot more (as strange as that may sound!) and I have learnt to love the curly/frizzy nature of my hair.
– I’m a good listener. If you have a story to tell, I’m here. I’ll listen. J
– I have a lot of moles or beauty mark some call it. I have one on my chin, right bang in the middle and I think that’s unique.
- Current song you’re obsessed with?
Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
This time last year, I never imagined I would be blogging or even be nominated for awards. So, my honest answer would be that I really don’t have a clue.
- What are some things on your bucket list?
Visit Japan. Bungee Jumping. Scuba Diving.
- Name one resolution you have for 2015.
Read books. This might be a ‘meh’ resolution but when I read, I tend to skip chapters or read the end of the book to know if it is a happy or sad ending!
- Tips for anyone starting a blog?
Write things that you like talking to your friends about. Write as if you are talking to your best friend.
- Name one celebrity/idol/character you would trade closets with.
Taylor Swift ❤
- Favorite quote/phrase/saying?
Writing this blog post reminded me of the quote from the movie PS.I Love you. Please scroll up to read it 🙂
My questions for the nominees! (already excited to read your answers!)
- Your favourite colour?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What was the last movie you saw?
- What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- What is your favourite word? Is there a story behind it?
- Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
- What’s the last song you listened to?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
- If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?